Sunday, February 20, 2011

A Special Gift of Love

It is Sunday and a beautiful day in California.  With all the rain yesterday and snow elevation in our mountains low we have a beautiful view of the San Gabriel and San Bernardino Mountains.  They are absolutely gorgeous today!

As I said yesterday on my post I spent the day making cards.  Have you ever been invited to three showers on the same day and it also just happens to your sisters birthday? lol   Well, I have.  So today I am going to share a couple of the cards I finished for the baby showers.  This first one will be off to Florida for my cousin's shower.  You guessed it, I will not be attending.

Browsing online I found this beautiful digi stamp by Wink Wink Ink entitled "Blossom Baby".  I fell in love with it and knew it was the right picture for a baby shower.  The card I made is an easel card.  It is in peach tones just right for a baby girl whose name will be Marlee Rose.  Thumbing through my stash of paper I found the perfect paper by Graphic 45 from their "Baby and Bride Collection".  I love it!!   


 


Isn't she the cutest?  My next card is going to stay here in California close by.  My friend is having twins, a boy and a girl, so I decided to make the flower shades of lavender and the paper and ribbon as well.  This beautiful paper is from Webster's Pages, "Your Life, Beautiful".  On both flowers I used Martha Stewart's crystal fine glitter to accent the tips of the petals and the little wings on the baby. 

I should have taken a picture of the insides since it is for twins, but I forgot.  The verse on the inside says:

                    Two sweet little treasures
                            sent from above,
                       a coo and a smile, both
                          wrapped up in love.
                   Congratulations on your new
                                    babies!

I do not remember where I found this little saying and who's the author but I changed it a little to work for the twins.

I hope you like the post today and that you will take the time to leave a comment.  Thanks for stopping by!


Have a great crafting day!

Hugs,

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I LOOOOOVE all that sparkle on the petals....BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete